By Dan DelMain
So you have a Facebook page! Do you know how to get the most benefit out of it for your dental practice? It can be intimidating. But have no fear. Hear are some basic steps to get you on the right track with Facebook.
Imagine this: A potential new patient in your area is looking for a new dentist. The person checks your website, then heads to your Facebook page. What does the person see? A great Facebook page can in still confidence in new patients and help you stay in touch with old ones. Facebook can also make it easier for people to find you online in the first place.
Did you know 72% of adults who are online visit Facebook at least once a month? Facebook is the largest social media platform in the world by far, and easily the most important one for dentists. Here I’ll walk you through five of the most important steps you can take to make Facebook work for your practice.
1. Optimize your page
Let’s start with the basics. These are the little things you only have to do once, but they have a big long-term impact. They make it easier for people to find and connect with you.
• Verify your Facebook page. This adds a small gray checkmark to the end of your Facebook name that tells people you’re an authentic business. It also helps your page show up higher in Facebook search results.
Here’s how to verify your page:
1. Click Settings at the top of your page
2. From General, click Page Verification
3. Click Verify this Page, then click Get Started
4. Enter your business phone number, your country and language (or click “Verify this Page with documents instead”)
5. Click Call Me Now, and Facebook will call you with a verification code
6. Enter the four-digit verification code and click Continue